Keeping up with all the rules and regulations to ensure HR compliance can be a full-time job. When major changes occur, such as to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or passage of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), you can easily feel lost and overwhelmed without an expert advisor to turn to.
Healthcare Consultants, Inc. offers services that can drastically reduce the amount of time you spend performing HR compliance and employee benefits administration-related tasks. And that frees up valuable time and energy your staff can use for other projects. You can ensure that your company remains in compliance now and in the future, no matter who your provider is or how requirements change.
Employee Benefits Administration, HR Vendor and Technology Evaluation
Benefits and human resources processes are not only complex, but the technologies employed to streamline those processes are constantly evolving. HCI not only stays current on the latest technology solutions in the marketplace but also has the experience of working with multiple vendors and their technologies. The HR compliance and employee benefits consultants working with HCI are experts on employee benefits, whereas HR professionals spend only a portion of their day addressing benefits-related activities. HCI offers our clients comprehensive services and solutions to address not only benefits activities but also human resources activities.
Healthcare Consultants, Inc. has the expertise to develop an employee benefits plan customized for you. Our consultants take the time to get to know you and your company and understand your needs. We then focus on strategic planning to best meet those needs with employee benefits plan design options, competitive benchmarking, employee contribution strategies, and funding analysis services. We manage the vendor selection process, from assisting with development of bid specifications and evaluation criteria to reviewing vendors and connecting you with the right one.
- Consult with clients on administrative best practices.
- Evaluate clients’ benefits and human resources technology business processes.
- Recommend the appropriate benefits and human resources technology solutions when appropriate.
Services offered include:
- Recruiting tools
- Employee on-boarding tools, including easy to use online enrollment portal
- Performance appraisal tools
- HR legislation & compliance library
- Payroll processing
Employee Benefits Administration Services Improve the Renewal Process
For an HR department, the annual employee benefits renewal process can be frustrating and time-consuming. HCI’s advanced planning and strategic assessment eliminates that frustration, saves you time, and makes your job easier.
Our proactive process includes an in-depth benefits renewal analysis with calculation of anticipated renewal adjustment based on claims data and knowledge of the carrier rating process. This process allows for ample time to determine if benefits and current vendors are best meeting your employees’ needs as well as your company’s goals and bottom line and, if necessary, to go to market. By planning well in advance of open enrollment, we gain a strong advantage in the negotiation on your behalf to secure fair, competitive rates.
We manage and adjust group health insurance and other benefits plans to meet the unique requirements of your business. Services include:
- Managing employee enrollment
- Eligibility Management
- Carrier Premium Billing & Reconciliation
- FSA and COBRA Administration
- Guidance on FFCRA Compliance & Benefits
- Benefits Benchmarking
- Benefits Surveys
- Retirement Plan Advisory Group
- HR 360
Ensuring HR Compliance: Benefits Compliance Services
Working with our HR compliance and benefits consultants, you can rest assured that your welfare benefits programs stay in compliance with all applicable government regulations.
- Conduct an audit of benefits to ensure your program complies with regulatory requirements.
- Make recommendations based on findings and implement solutions.
- Stay current on new and changing regulations and assist you in timely updates to your benefits plans, documents, and processes as those changes emerge.
Ongoing benefits compliance services and solutions include:
- DOL & IRS compliance/tools
- Compliance audit
- ACA compliance and reporting (Assured Answers, as well as PCORI/CERF calculations, TRF calculations, etc.)
- Plan documents and SPDs
- Signature ready 5500s and SARs
- HR assistance
- Notification of legislative changes
- Cobra services
- Cafeteria plans
Healthcare Consultants, Inc. has access to medical advocacy services, which are a means of helping both employers and employees navigate the complex health care and insurance markets. Services include:
- Assistance solving claims and billing problems.
- Support with coordinating complex clinical issues.
- Providing aid with insurance and related administrative issues.
- Helping arrange appointments with specialist physicians.
- Identifying services that fall outside traditional health coverage.
- Helping members locate services for their elderly parents’ health issues.